Building Stories Logo
Member Sign In

Username

Password
Français

Forgot your password? | Become a member
Tour Title Patricia Bay Heritage Trail
Tour Points
Tour Points
Point Title
Sort ascending by Point TitleSort descending by Point Title
Description
Features
  Patricia Bay Park This waterfront park, at the south end of the Scoter Trail, contains an information kiosk, picnic tables and washrooms with wheelchair accessible paved trails that lead to a gently sloped beach. Formerly known as Union Bay, it was originally settled by the Tseycum First Nation, currently located at the north end of Patricia Bay. The area served, and continues to serve, as a gathering place for residents and visitors alike for picnics, recreation, plane watching, and viewing colourful sunsets. For birdwatchers, the site is an important feeding ground for migratory sea birds due to its rich marine life and low tidal waters. Self Guided Tours; Site has its own Parking; Washrooms http://www.northsaanich.ca/Residents/Heritage/Heritage_Sites.htm
  Holy Trinity Church Situated at the juncture of West Saanich Road and Mills Road, Holy Trinity Church was consecrated by the Reverend George Hills in 1885 and has continuously served the Anglican community of North Saanich ever since. The one-storey wood-frame church with a steeply pitched front gabled roof, projecting rectangular bell tower with quadrilateral steeple and louvered vents, shingle siding and Gothic pointed-arch leaded glass windows is a fine example of Gothic Revival style architecture. Self Guided Tours http://www.northsaanich.ca/Residents/Heritage/Heritage_Sites.htm
  Holy Trinity Church Cementary Set on flat terrain overlooking Patricia Bay, the historic Holy Trinity Cemetery is one of the oldest extant cemeteries in North Saanich. Holy Trinity Cemetery also features many decorative and unique monuments and headstones that capture the fundamental nature of its original design as a rustic Victorian cemetery. Self Guided Tours http://www.northsaanich.ca/Residents/Heritage/Heritage_Sites.htm
  Airport North Camp Marked by the remaining Airport Northwest Camp Gate, the site has a long history of military aviation, initially utilized in 1914 due to its strategic location for coastal defense. The federal government built the Patricia Bay Station in 1937 during World War II to serve as a training school for the Royal Canadian Air Force. Self Guided Tours http://www.northsaanich.ca/Residents/Heritage/Heritage_Sites.htm

Find currently displayed points on the map

Group North Saanich Heritage
Added By Jamai Schile
Date Added June 24, 2014
Last Modified By kyoung
Date Last Modified November 27, 2014
Comments on {title}
No matching entries were found
Linked Content
Linked Content
Type
Title
Relation
User   Jamai Schile The user submitted this content.